Buy vs restore

To: Fergie <fergie@ntplx.net>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Buy vs restore
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 08:39:47 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>PS: While I'm at it, is there ANYONE out there who would recommend
restoring a TR4 as opposed to buying one already done? Without
exception, everyone I've asked says I'm crazy to even THINK of doing one
myself. By the way, re the opening of this post, I'm better with
mechanicals than I am with computers! Thanks again.<

Well, I'd say that even when you buy a "restored" auto, it will
still need work.  Also, you "never" get back the money you pay
for the restoration.  So, why not benefit from someone else's
money and effort.  For each dollar thay spent, you might pay
only 0.75.  However, you must be sure that the PO did a good
restoration.  If you like their job, and the price is reasonable
for the current condition, why spend more and give more effort
to achieve the same result.  Remember, you will have no
shortage of projects even on a "restored" car.

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com