Re: TR Tunnel Covers

To: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR Tunnel Covers
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:03:13 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Brad.Kahler@141.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 DLMAssoc@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-07-13 08:59:09 EDT, gpetrola@prairienet.org writes:
>
> << When I bought the
>       car it came with a steel TR3 tranny cover... the DPO had taken a
>       hammer to the thing to make it clear the scuttle support... Some
>       day I may use it again, unless someone makes me an offer I can't
>       refuse. >>
>
> I'm using the plastic tranny cover in my TR4 and am satisfied with it, but
> just out of curiosity, are the original TR3 steel covers scarce or something?
> What do they bring nowadays?

        I dunno if the cover's rare... My `4 came with an "aftermarket TR3
        transmission, stromberg zeniths and a coupla other items not worth
        mentioning...

        Not wanting to fly in the face of tradition I added SU HS6's, an
        undertub from a TR4A, and a few more non-original Items (it was that
        or the knackers for the old beast)...

        Ya know, that  tranny cover would work just perfect if I cut the
        flange off and drilled the front end to fit the `4 :*).....

        Greg

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois