The 1968 Safari Rally 2000

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The 1968 Safari Rally 2000
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:48:08 +0100
Listers,

A propos my earlier query about suitable 15" wheels for this car, the
answer was in our own back yard. Those from a Standard Vanguard fit a
treat!

We're now into other matters mechanical - apart from rebuilding the gearbox
and rear axle. Original car had triple Webers, these have now gone and the
PO (or someone) put it back on two very dodgy Strombergs. However, a triple
SU manifold has been located complete with the things that go in the right
places to provide the mixing. We are now looking for a suitably interesting
camshaft. Investigations so far, indicate a fully gasflowed head is in
place with larger valves and a CR of about 9.8:1. Those of you who have
modified engines in their GT6's may have suggestions - and ALL of them,
together with addresses of suppliers in Europe or US (with ballpark prices)
will be gratefully received.

Thanks in antic
John Mac

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5PI Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents