Re:blocked mail ISP problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:blocked mail ISP problems
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:13:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 12 Jul 1998 Cwn74@aol.com wrote:

> There has been an awful lot of smut spam comming from earthlink acounts in
> recent months and in response many users have blocked mail from there.  I
> would have except my Sister has an earthlink account.  Complain to earthlink
> to clean up their act!
>
> earthlink isn't alone, at present I have some isp blocked (worldcom or
> something) and had hotmail.com blocked a few months ago...

Very little spam actually originates from earthlink, worldcom, hotmail,
erols, flashnet, and the other big providers.  If you ignore the address
on the "From:" line (which is almost always faked in spam) and examine the
"Received" lines you can determine where it really came from.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net