tr4 turns over but won't go

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tr4 turns over but won't go
From: "Keith McGahan" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 08:03:02 PDT
My brain is fried so I thought that I ask for some help.  My TR4
presently has all stock part with SU Carbs.  The problem started after a
800 mile road trip where the car ran great.  When finally returning home
I parked the car and let it rest for a few days.  When I went to take it
out for a drive I had to crank it over about 5 time till it started, I
thought it was just cold.  Well, the condition got worse. Today the only
way to get her running is to compression started. I have checked all the
connection,and after she is running is fine. I don't even know where to
start. Does any one know what might be the problem? If so could you let
me know.  Thanks Keith