Re: TR4 mirrors

To: rknox@horizon.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 mirrors
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:53:59 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-28 22:11:41 EDT, rknox@horizon.bc.ca writes:

> Question: My original was mounted on the drivers door only. In that
>  position you get a greater field of view, which I like since the inside
>  mirror is partially blocked by the roll bar. Does this position, rather
>  than on the fender, violate any "Sports car" ethics or aesthetics?
>

>  Rod Knox
>  1967 TR4A - CT 67907
>  owned 23 years

Rod, it violates no  "Sports car" ethics or aesthetics.  Just a matter of
personal preference re: looks and safety.

If I remember correctly (and I occasionally get comments from my wife about
that) - very few TR4's/4A's came with fender mirrors, although they were a
factory option.  Most had the single driver's side mirror which was very
common for all cars in the '60's.  After market fender mirrors were readily
available.  There were many types from quite a few vendors.  I bought mine,
(they were made in England), at an foreign auto parts store in NY in mid -'70.
Reasons were that I liked the way they looked and the field of vision they
gave me.  One downside is that you must get out of the car to adjust them.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant