Re: TR6 Main Bearings

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Main Bearings
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:07:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
 Martin,

 From what you've written, just replace the shells and don't worry about
measuring
 the journals. You said the old bearings looked good with no scoring,
that's a good
 indication the cranks in good condition. If you want to make a big job of
it, then go
 ahead and pull the crank and do your stuff. But it doesn't sound to me as
if it's
 necessary. Oh, do measure the crank end float for fitting new thrust
washers.

-jimb
http://www.tyeetriumph.org

--
## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##