Lucas fog lamps - value?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas fog lamps - value?
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:53:10 -0400
     Greetings,

     I have just met a fellow in the Volkswagen business, who somewhere
     along the line acquired a pair of Lucas fog lamps which he is willing
     to part with. I think they'd look great on my TR3, although I don't
     yet know a nifty way to mount them, but neither of us knows what they
     are worth, so I'm looking for input from the list.
     They are in excellent condition, almost like new, have a number which
     I think is R/L 576 (going by memory on that), and have yellow glass
     with lines. There is a chrome bullet in the centre, and the word
     "Lucas" in red letters appears just over the top of the main body, on
     a separate piece of metal. There are large diameter studs with fine
     threads for mounting, through the centre of which the wires would
     protrude. The nuts are included.

     So, are these a real find, or are they commonplace?
     Any ideas on value?
     Thanks,
     Jim Wallace