Re: TR4/4A tops (was 4a top)

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4/4A tops (was 4a top)
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> Malcolm, careful.  The 4A top does not come off  like the TR4 top.  The 4A top
> is permanently attached in the rear (like the TR250 and TR6).  The hood sticks
> were also different as was the method of attachment at the front.  The two
> styles are not interchangeable - but you could modify your car for either.

OK, how's about if my car has been modified already?  It had a 4A or 250
or 6 top (slightly bodged-- the front rail was held down by bolts), is is
easy to retrofit the proper top?

2 other things were done (that I could see)- an extra nut was fastened to
the top of the B-Post, facing sideways; and a captured nut was covered
up by a bit of vinyl (on the rail where the chrome capping should be, also
on top of B-Post)

-Malcolm