Most Difficult Welding

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Most Difficult Welding
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:28:25 -0700 (PDT)
Mff... I did it.  Welded up the steering column bracket.  Of course, it
would have been easier if I removed the wiring harness, dash pads, etc...
but it's possible to fix this part with everything "in situ".

Tip: if you attempt this, make SURE there are LOTS of wet rags wrapped
around anything meltable.  The only thing I smoked up was some hitherto
unnoticed putty that was hiding in a crevice.  The wires, oil pressure
line, demister duct, and crash pads were all preserved (if a bit steamed)
by a cotton rag, liberally soaked (then sprayed) with water.

Now all's I gotta do is wire-brush the scale off, paint the bugger, and
commence re-installation of the dash paraphenelia.  Whee!

-Malcolm