Re: Kastner cams

To: DRBILLKSC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Kastner cams
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 07:32:41 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 DRBILLKSC@aol.com wrote:

> Listers:   Anyone familiar with where I can get a Kastner "C" or "D" cam?
> Rebuilding the engine and want to add a little umph...
> Bill Krebs
> 61 TR-3 TS70048L (with a '64 TR-4 engine)

        Let me recommend British Frame and Engine. If you are looking for
        performance...

        I bought an "autocross" cam from them and am very happy with the
        results. It may not be to "Kastner spec" but Kastner was racing TRs
        30 years ago. Ken Gillanders of BFE has been developing performance
        grinds with Babe Erson (formerly of Iskendarian) ever since.

        Call Ken up and ask him for details (oh yeah, get a catalogue).
        If you're looking for a "Kastner" cam you'll probably be in the
        market for other "comp" stuff. He's also a great resource for
        information...

        British Frame & Engine
        4831 Ryland Ave.
        Temple City CA 91780