RE: non-functioning rear brakes

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: non-functioning rear brakes
From: kurt oblinger <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:30:14 -0700
Cc: "'a.nugent@unsw.edu.au'" <a.nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Alan,

Gernot has a good point, I had a fairly new brake hose fail internally on my
'55 Chevy which
severely restricted the flow to the rt front caliper (disc brake conversion). I
replaced all the flex
hoses on my TR7 when I rebuilt the rest of the brakes. Instead of refitting
stock hoses, I had a
set of teflon overbraided with stainless made up for the car at a local racers
shop. I simply took
in the old hoses and they made up the new ones with the correct fittings on the
spot in about
15mins. I think it cost about $80 US for the three hoses, more expensive than
the stock replacements
but they will probably outlive the car and they firm up the brakes a little as
they don't expand
from the line pressure.

Cheers,

Kurt Oblinger