Re: Stafford

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: Stafford
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:14:19 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 25/06/98 19:54:05 GMT, you write:

<< Subj:         Stafford
 Date:  25/06/98 19:54:05 GMT
 From:  jonmac@ndirect.co.uk (jonmac)
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com
 CC:    triumphs@autox.team.net

 Leon and other listers

 IMHO and if you HAVE to go to Stafford (Triumphs must be the only reason on
 earth) had you thought of creeping up on it under cover of darkness at
 about 3.0am? Okay, the B&B wouldn't be open but perhaps they might post you
 a key if you promise to be quiet on arrival.

hmmm.

 See you here on the return run, Leon. I'll have a compressed air road drill
 ready on standby to help you remove the tarred granite chippings and the
 flies which committed suicide on your front end. That said, I don't ever
 remember 1600 Vyteezes going fast enough to collect them <big g> but I
 suppose lots of polish provides a sort of slippery shape?

Actually, my Vitesse is really a Mk.2-2 Litre (Chassis and Engine) in
disguise,   but one of my friends has a rather nice Vitesse 6 Convertible,
which quite happily belts along at 95 mph, having said that, it's Herald
brakes,gearbox and 4.11:1 diff' can be an absolutely terrifying combination,
at least for me as a front seat passenger!, but joking aside, that little six
is a wonderfully smooth engine.

Leon

See you Monday Lunchtime apres Stafford.
Have my book warmed up and ready to go!