Re: Spitfire bonnet latches

To: Peter Gillis <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Subject: Re: Spitfire bonnet latches
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:22:31 -0400 ()
Cc: Troy Johnson <clancy@softdisk.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Peter Gillis wrote:

> Ooh Er !!!
> I never thought I would be able to answer one Andy Mace didn't get,
> as far as I know (and I'm pretty sure) it stands for Marlin the name
> of the company who manufacture the locks.

I gratefully stand corrected, Peter. Although, now that you mention it, is
it Marlin or Martin? I'd heard this many years ago and had (obviously)
almost forgotten about it.

I suppose it could be fun to put together a list (if it's not been done
already) of all the OEM component manufacturers for our cars. Of course,
there are the well-known Lucas, Girling, Borg & Beck, etc. as proprietary
suppliers, and the "in-house" suppliers such as Alford & Alder for
steering components. Then there are Dunlop and Sankey for wheels,
Wilmot-Breeden for keys and some bumpers and grilles, Triplex for glass,
Ace for "rimbellishers"....

Anyone able to add to the list?

--Andy