TR6: Diff Mount Question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: Diff Mount Question
From: Brian Damkroger <bkdamkr@nmia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:52:57 -0600
Has anyone ever seen a TR6 on which the rear differential mounting
studs/pins are different sizes?

I recently weld repaired the right front diff mount on my 73 TR6 and was
replacing the unit when I discovered that the left rear mount wouldn't
go onto the pin.  It was obvious - the left rear pin was much larger
than the right pin, approximately 7/8" vs 1/2".  Both mounts however,
had identially sized sleeves.  TRF assures me that the pins are the same
size and in fact, there is only one part number for the rear mount.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

There is no evidence of the large pin being anything other than stock,
and the mating mount is obviously a commercial (vs home made) part,
metal sleeve and all.

Any ideas?

Brian