Jersey show: another perspective

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jersey show: another perspective
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:02:47 -0400
First off, kudos to NJTA and Jack Brooks for a fun event. The cars that
showed up were all top-notch. There were several big Healeys that were
stunning. I took second-place honors to Jim Holewka's first-place '69 TR6,
something I'm quite proud of, since his car is a real beauty. Ed Hamilton
and Atwell Haines got trophies in the Spitfire class, while Bill Kelly got
a trophy in the "other Triumphs" class for his Herald. The convoy back to
Jack's house after the show was impressive: Jack's TR3, Bill Smith's TR6,
my TR6, the two Spits, Bill's Herald, followed by Andy's Explorer and Art
Kelly's Taurus (ahem). Thanks also to Jack's wife for being so gracious to
the thirsty crowd that descended on her house on short notice, and also for
showing us the way out of their neighborhood. (On the way home it occurred
to me why New Jersey is so crowded; no one can figure out how to get out.)
I returned home about 8 PM after a nice ride through the southern New York
hills.

Jack: Can you arrange for the dancing girls to return next year? Nice touch...

Joe Curry: We found some doors for you.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.