Re: Trailing Arm

To: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Subject: Re: Trailing Arm
From: Chad & Ariane Jester <triumph@terraworld.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:10:29 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
List,

FWIW, I rebushed both sides of my '74 TR6 this weekend.  Never removed
the trailing arms from the car.  Never needed a C-clamp.  It took about
3.5 hours to do it all.  I never had to disconnect the brake lines or
remove the axles.  You can easily drive the original bushings out with a
screwdriver and a large hammer with the trailing arms in place...no need
for a press as mentioned in other posts.  You do need a floor jack to do
it this way.  I've done it on 3 other cars so this wasn't just a fluke.

Regards,

Chad Jester
74 TR6 CF20053U - This weekend project
74 TR6 CF15486UO - Body off in progress