Re: Monza on 74 TR6

To: isaac@avana.net
Subject: Re: Monza on 74 TR6
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:57:50 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Issac,

Noise is really a relative thing.  I was a county mountie here in GA
several years ago, and never made a noise stop.

 If you did get stopped for noise, make sure that you are courteous, but
explain in a calm, rational way, that the Monza exhaust IS a factory
system....(maybe not a Triumph factory system), but it is a factory
system somewhere. Chances are very good that the officer stopping you
really is looking at several items, not just the noise... a burned out
light, licenses plate having two different color bolts, no windshield,
whatever.  Also there is a more than likely chance that the officer
doesn't know what came on your car as stock....it is just one of those
foreign jobs to him ( most times )

FWIW, I run straight pipes on my daily driver truck ( after the cat
convertor, it is straight pipes).  Pretty mellow, nah, almost loud, but
who knows....maybe some over zealous cop will see his way to clear to
make a case, but in the three years I've had the system, and driven all
the over the southeast,  I've never noticed a second glance from anyone.

And remember those motor guys on their beloved Harleys, sounds a bit
louder than your Spit6, wouldn't you say?

Perhaps when you were taking that 25 mph turn at 70 is what drew
attention to you!<VBG>

I wouldn't worry about it.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA