Re: Hand crank, fan, flooring

To: <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Hand crank, fan, flooring
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:22:45 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hello Jim,

That's all excellent advice.  Thanks.  Sorry, the hand crank is gone.  I
had several requests.

Jim, I don't want to start the whole big discussion again pro and con
adding electric fans in LBCs, it went on for weeks.  Let me just say that I
had serious overheating problems with the Triumph, and although it's no
longer authentic, the fan made all the problems go away.  The temp gage
sits at 185 degrees F even in hot weather stalled in traffic, like it was
painted on.  'Nuf said about that.  I think my fan is 12 inches in
diameter, and I didn't particularly try to keep the crank hole open.
Possibly it could be done, and of course there are smaller fans.  Speaking
of not being authentic, I also put in an electronic ignition and a Sport
coil.

I hadn't thought about roof tar (I have two buckets of the stuff) to seal
the floor patch, because I NEVER take the car out in the rain -- but it
sure could rain while on a trip sometime.  Good idea.

Regards,

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B

----------
> From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
> To: sweisman@gis.net
> Subject: Hand crank, fan, flooring
> Date: Wednesday, June 17, 1998 12:30 PM
>
>      Hi Sumner,
>      I am missing the hand crank from my TR3a, and eventually would like
>      get one. It's not high on my list though, so if you find after a
while
>      that yours is still kicking around and you'd be willing to let it go

>      for less I may be interested then. Actually, I can't see ever using
it
>      besides for showing people for fun, but maybe I'm over-estimating
Joe