Re: TR6 vs. 240Z

To: jbonina@nectech.com
Subject: Re: TR6 vs. 240Z
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:47:21 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Being weeks behind... yes, I figured out that your TR6 is gone... sniff sniff...

now, you have a Chevy and you want to make it a Ford.... sure thing!!

Your question was: why can't we make a make a TR6 with the power of a Z???

No prob, all it takes is loads of cash!

No, a Miata is not a brute power car. It is a handling car and it is cute
and it is reliable. Now, if you pour gobs of money at a Miata (like put in a
blower or something) they can make tons-o-power. But you don't need it. If
you can over-drive a Miata, you shouldn't be allowed to have more power!

Now, to make your TR6 really powerful, put on triple webers, a Kent "fast
road" cam, an electronic ignition, CV jointed rear axles, a beefier diff. (I
suggest quaiffe, others may have other preferences), bigger tires and wheels
and presto - you've got a TR6 that has gobs of power and lots of handling.

Of course now it's not really a TR6 any more... I know! I've done all this
stuff (and more) to my car.

On the other hand, with a sawz-all and a few hours, we can make that Z-car
look "real nice". If you want the "high tech" approach, we can use a plasma
cutter!

BTW, try overheating that Z car some day and then come talk to me about
reliability. I'll take cast-iron block/head engines anyday.

;-)

rml
TR6's
No steeekin' Z carZ!!

p.s. have you ever taken any classes on diplomacy or the art of negotiation???