Tire <-> rim sealant?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tire <-> rim sealant?
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:04:53 -0400
     Greetings,

     I recently had a couple of my rims glass-bead-blasted, and they came
     out beautifully. I primed them and painted them with Ford Silver
     (Argent d'Henri), and they look just fine.
     I put the tires on the rims, inflated them, and they both leaked all
     around the perimeter where the tire meets the rim. Then I remembered
     that at tire shops they always slop some kind of soapy liquid on there
     before inflating.
     Does anyone know what can be used for this purpose that one may have
     lying around the house?

     Thanks,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3