Re: Herald seat trim

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Herald seat trim
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:03:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill Kelly wrote asking about the finishing trim around the rear seat of a
Herald.  Having 1 Herald and 2 Sports 6's I am well familiar with this trim.
I don't know exactly what type of coating it is but one of my cars had the
interior re trimmed before I got it and they covered that trim with the same
vinyl that the seats and door panels were done in. It makes the trim rather
tight to put on but looks great. I think it looks much beter that the
original did. Given that the original coating is texturized I think the
vinly also looks very much like the original.
Just use contact adhesive to hold the vinyl to the channel.
Dan Elder