Re: How do I stop a spinning ball joint? reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How do I stop a spinning ball joint? reply
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 17:14:09 -0600
Thanks to all who replied.  Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's
gone in circles with this one.  Most replies suggested tightening it down
first with a plain (non-nyloc) nut, and them swapping the nyloc nut on
after.  I'll do that next time, but I already had a nyloc nut half-way on
and it wasn't going to come off any easier than it was going on.  In the
end, I used channel-lock pliers to squeeze the ball joint tight against the
steering arm, and was able to get the nyloc nut tightened.
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L