Re: Bugs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bugs
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 09:32:17 -0600
Bob Lang wrote:
> Just drive the thing.
>
> VTR should have an award for "best bug smoosh" or "most bugs collected".
>
> Seriously, are you really worried about getting bugs _on_ your car. As an
> aside, the folks that attend VTR will probably appreciate your car haveing
> bug splats. They aren't the Porsche club...
>
> I have seen "car bras" on TR6's, so they are available...
>
> later,
> rml

Mel Hildebrandt of the TRSCC wrote an article a couple of
years ago which I saved and reprinted in the RMTC newsletter.
I'm sure he won't mind if I share it with you.  I
couldn't have said this more eloquently myself.  Please be
sure to give him credit if you reprint it.
Dave

Junebugs on the Windscreen
by Mel Hildebrandt
Now, as we enter the middle month of the year, the bug
population will be taking flight with the intention of adding
extra decoration to the bumper, grille, bonnet, and windscreen
of vehicles.  Some people get upset that these critters add
distinction to a freshly washed and waxed example of British
motoring.  Personally, I believe that car show judging should
require that points be added to a car's score when bug remains
are present.  Taking points off because a car was used as it
was intended doesn't make sense to me.