GT6+ Rear Dampers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6+ Rear Dampers
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings ladies & laddies

Having put my car back onto the road after a winter/spring rebuild of
the rear suspension, I'm reminded of the distinct lack of damping at
the right rear due to the upper bracket having rusted itself free of
the inner wing. Vertical oscillation has its appeal, no doubt, but the
back of a GT6+ is not the ideal place in my book, if you catch my
drift ;-)

I've heard that by trimming the shield on the damper, I can use the
"vestigal" frame-located upper mounting point without fouling the
rotoflex coupling (which, I gather, is why they relocated the upper
point in the first place).

Has anyone attempted this or (dare I ask?) does anyone have an
educated opinion on the subject? BTW, I have no access to (or skill to
use) welding equipment.

Input will be "bouncily" appreciated

Thanks,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (sing it Willie) On The Road Again...
'69 GT6+ for parts and for sale