[Fwd: Ignition Coils]

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Ignition Coils]
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 21:09:50 -0400

--------------4DCB5E9F2C7D

Since I got no responses from the wedge list, I am forwarding this
message in the hope that an electronics wiz or a late Spit owner can
give me an insight.
Thanks

Stu
74 TR6 80 TR8

--------------4DCB5E9F2C7D

Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 21:01:39 -0400
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
To: TR8 <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Ignition Coils

My coil on the Tr8 is giving problems, its the original one.I also have
the standard Lucas Distributor. A year ago, I bought a Bosch Blue coil
from TS.A week later I saw the same coil in a VB catalog with a notice
that said"not for Electronic Ignition Systems" so I never installed it.
The existing coil has a ohm reading of 1.2 ohms acoss it. The Bosch and
the Lucas Sports coil are around 3 ohms.I also have an Accel coil which
measures 1.2 ohms, so I have installed it.Since the DPO paid $450 for a
new module, I don't want to bugger it up. Any insight on this would be
greatly appreciated

Stu
80 TR8

--------------4DCB5E9F2C7D--