TR3 floor and sill questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 floor and sill questions
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:10:39 -0400
     I've just taken off the left side rocker panel on my post-60000 TR3a,
     and the PO(s) had applied layer upon layer of replacement metal,
     fibreglass, bondo, etc. It's hard to tell what's original because of
     this, so could someone please advise:

     1. Does the outer lip of the floor panel end up flush with the top of
     the inner sill?

     2. Is it possible to treat the inner sill with some kind of rust
     converter and then MIG-weld the new rockers on, or will the heat from
     welding render it ineffective?

     Thanks in advance,
     Jim Wallace