Oil Leaks; Fixing thereof

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Leaks; Fixing thereof
From: FNSortwell@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 20:03:44 EDT
I'm trying to fix two new leaks I've found.  Seems to me there was a
discussion of this last year, but please excuse, I've lost that thread.
This is on a 1964 TR-4  27267L
First leak:  The three generator bracket bolts.  I think this can be best
fixed by backing out the bolts individually, and putting 4-5 wraps of teflon
tape around the upper part of the bolt.  Comments?

Leak two:  The filler neck on the valve cover was never sealed/fixed to the
valve cover itself.  So it is not the cap the leaks,  but the neck itself.
Soldier, or a paste gasket material.  And if so which and what?

Feel free to write back to my address if you want.

Thanks all,
  Fred