Installing Shock Absorbers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installing Shock Absorbers
From: "C. Donald Emery, III" <tr6@mail.icongrp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 11:10:30 -0500
Cc: cdemery3@aol.com
List Members:
   I took advantage of TRF's sale to order a set of Koni shocks for the
front of the '69 TR-6.  The current shocks appear to have been installed
around 1977 and were completely shot.  I removed the left front shock
yesterday afternoon following the instructions in the factory manual.  The
problem is installing the Koni.  If the top of the Koni is through the hole
at the top of the mounting area, then the mounting brackets attached to the
bottom to the Koni will not align with the 4 mounting studs.  If the
mounting brackets are attached to the 4 studs, then the top of the Koni
will not slide through the hole at the top of the mounting area.  Is there
a technique that I don't know of that will help?  Will using a spring
compressor help align everything?  Do you just muscle it until the parts
align?
   As always, thank you in advance for your help!

                                       Don Emery
                                       1969 TR-6
                                       CC 27639