Re: Spitfire stalling problem

To: ndc12@scasd.k12.pa.us, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire stalling problem
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 16:09:30 PDT
Another thing you can try is different fuel. Many smaller cars exhibit
this feature when using Ethanol based fuels and seems to go away if you
use something Ethanol free. My dad, a farmer who supported corn-fuel,
kept using Ethanol in his Opel and just carried around a cooler full of
ice to cool the intake manifold/carburator. I'm serious. That's
dedication to a cause.

>From: "Lawrence R Zink" <zink@pdq.net>
>To: "Nathan Coraor" <ndc12@scasd.k12.pa.us>,
>        "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Spitfire stalling problem
>Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 16:21:36 -0500
>

>It sounds as if you are descibing a classic case of vapor lock.  The
fuel in
>the fuel line becomes vaporized due to the extreem heat under the hood
and
>the engine actually runs out of fuel until coller gas gets to the carb.
You