Seal driving tools

To: pmck@lle.rochester.edu
Subject: Seal driving tools
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 12:56:53
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, saabnow@saabnet.com
> Well I went down to the local 84-Lumber and got a 2" X 1-1/2" PVC pipe
coupler >to try. Cost me all of $0.60. It worked perfectly!

Pat and others,

For those of us who don't have the full set of large sockets they can use
to drive seals, this is a great solution.  I have a "set" of pipes and pipe
couplers in PVC, copper and black iron pipe which I have used to drive
seals on my vehicles.  They work great and are inexpensive.  Just remember
to round off the edges on the copper ones to avoid cutting the seals when
you drive them home.

Jack Brooks
1960 Triumph TR3A
1988 SAAB 9000S