TR6?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6?
From: PDelage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 21:03:42 EDT
Hello folks

Well I've sent in for membership to the VTR and the NJTA this week. I also
ordered the Original Triumph TR and another book about TR restoration.
Yet I still have no car.

I mentioned the 6 that is for sale for $15,500 with 39k. So today I found one,
(on the net somewhere) a '74 with 98k. They were asking $8,750.
Now I'm wondering ....... is it smart to get one that is in more "original"
condition than one that has been restored. Is there much difference between
the 74 and 76?
Please forgive my ignorance but I'm somewhat confused. And I don't think that
my wife will let me buy two of 'em so I'd like to get the "right" one.
Also can you insure them for everyday driving? Or is it better to get the
antique classification and keep the milage down and the value up?

Sorry for all the questions but I just don't know anything.

Thanks

Pat

I know that if have a '57 Stratocaster (guitar) in original condition, even if
it looks like an army walked over it it's worth $5000+ but if you refinish it,
it's only worth a small fraction.