Gaydon 75th Anniversary of Triumph

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gaydon 75th Anniversary of Triumph
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 17:26:24 EDT
Hi All,

Not sure exactly why you might wish to know this,
but I just thought you might be interested...

I heard tonight, from my friend, Ian Evans, (Chairman of the TR Register, here
in the UK), that the pre-bookings for the 75th Anniversary of Triumph event
that is taking place at the BMIHT Gaydon museum this coming weekend are now at
2,400. (I assume that is people, not Triumphs ?), whatever, I expect that
there will be many more attendees than pre-bookings over the two days.
Apparently, the BMIHT office staff don't know what's hit them...

And to think that a BMIHT employee was heard to say (at the Club Triumph Rally
in July 97), and I quote: "I never realised that there was any real interest
in these old Triumphs", and "I thought all the interest in classic cars was in
MG's,Jaguar E-types, and Mini-Coopers" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(perhaps Jon Macartney can help to alter their perspective ?)
(all we really want Jon, is more repair panels for Heralds and Vitesses, and
soon!)

There were about 500 or so Triumphs attending the Club Triumph National day,
and about 2/3rds of those, like me, weren't even Club Triumph members!
But this Gaydon event is shaping up to be a TRuely memorable weekend, although
I'm a touch concerned about space, and as the great British weather is
forecast to be on the soggy side again, (damn), the camping might be
interesting, (read muddy).

Personally, I've been in my lock-up garage every night this week, polishing up
my Vitesse with rain-resistant wax, (I hate getting it wet, but live in the
wrong country!)
My fingernails have turned blue with polish, but my hands smell lovely!!!
Mmmmmm!

Anyhow, that's all for now, I guess I'd better go and recharge the video
camera batteries now!

Regards to all...
and in honour of Triumph, get out there this weekend, of all weekends, and
just DRIVE THAT TRIUMPH, for old times sake!!!
Leon F Guyot
(Mad for Triumphs)