Re: Z-S carb throttle shaft question

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Z-S carb throttle shaft question
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:33:53 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 08:06 PM 5/26/98 -0400, John Middlesworth wrote:

>I am replacing the throttle shafts in my TR4A (with Zenith-Stromberg
>carburetors).  Moss supplied two shafts that are 6 1/4 inch long, while
>the originals are only 5 inches long.  The only thing I can figure is the
>part they've sent is to the rear carb on a TR250-6.  Does that carb take a
>longer shaft from the front one?  What should I do, just pull out the old
>hacksaw and turn the pieces into 5 inch throttle shafts?

John,

The throttle shafts Moss supplied for my SU's had to be cut to size. I
rationalized they make one shaft for all applications, and it is up to us
to make the replacement shaft fit. It really was quite easy.

Picking up TR250 #3 today!!!
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA