quick BCW report

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: quick BCW report
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 09:14:25 -0400
Drove the TR6 to work every day this week (not too unusual).  I did manage
one day to park it right between the BMW Z3 and Mazda Miata that park in
the same lot.  All 3 cars are essentially the same color (the TR is
Mallard) Have to say the TR looked the best.

Drove one of my sons to the ice cream parlor for a milkshake.  A 10 or
11-year old boy ran up and asked excitedly "Is that a British car?!" (I
think the Union Jack plate on the front might have been a give-away).  As I
was chatting with him another, younger boy started running up.  A woman
with him (mother? keeper?) started yelling "Don't touch that car! DON'T
TOUCH THAT CAR!"  Just as I was beginning to tell her not to worry, he
couldn't hurt anything by touching, he hauled off and started kicking the
door with all his might.  Doesn't look like he hurt anything, anyway.

Didn't see another LBC all week, except for the Mini down the street, in
its garage as usual. Other LFC's (little furrin' cars, modern econoboxes
excepted)) spotted:

New looking Alfa Spyder, tired looking Fiat convertible, Volvo P1800. Oh
yeah... 5 or 6 of the new VW Beetle.
---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD