John Deere

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: John Deere
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 18:55:50 -0700
In spite of overcast skies occasionally leaking that wet stuff, I braved
the elements and took the Spit out for a leisurely drive over to
Lynnwood, WA today.  As I drove down 44th ave. past the local cop shop,
I caught the unmistakable combination of green/yellow that can only mean
John Deere.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I went down to the next corner and shot
a "U" and went back and turned into the Police parking lot.  There it
was, a beautiful Lotus Esprit in Dark Green (could have been BRG) with
yellow pinstripes and yellow wheels.  I parked the Spit for a closer
look and as I meandered on over, I was overcome with the brilliance of
the interior.  It was bright yellow leather.  I just stood there
spellbound for a few minutes before leaving.

I can't say that I would buy a car in that color combination, but I must
say, it was definitely an eye catcher.

Joe Curry
--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer