New Message

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Message
From: Andy <adixon@loudoun.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 09:09:22 -0400 (EDT)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by idalee.loudoun.com
By any chance, does anyone have a Zenith carb body for a later (74) TR6
lying around or have an idea where to find one (cheap)? As part of my
rebuild/restoration was cleaning the gasket off the carb body when I noticed
a lip on the gasket surface. Further cleaning and investigation uncovered a
crack in the body, more cleaning uncovered more of it. It goes around a
mounting bolt hole but also into the body itself.
Hey, why would somebody (DPO) need to put in a new gasket to stop a leak
when you can just use a bigger wrench and crank the nut down a couple
more turns.
Also, do the throttle shaft seals come out or do I need to do the new
bushing/rod thing. I think I know the answer but we all like to ask dumb
questions every once in a while.
Thanks,
Andy