VTR convention consensus

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VTR convention consensus
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 14:24:09 -0400
Yesterday I asked about the advisability of going to the convention in
Wisconsin. As someone pointed out to me in reply, a rather stupid question
considering the audience. I received a number of encouraging responses, so
I will work my way towards getting the TR6 into a shape that will take me
reliably from New York to Wisconsin and home again. I figure it to be about
1100 miles each way, two solid days on the road. My biggest concern with
the car is the gearbox, which has started to growl a bit when out of gear.
I assume it will be time for a rebuild soon, but I hope it doesn't strand
me in E. Overshoe, IN. Hope to make the trip in a couple months.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.