[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:46:41 PDT
After affixing the bonnet to my 79 spit, I find that my k&N filter that
attaches to the Weber DGAV carb stands about 1/2 inch to an inch too
tall, and thus, rams into the hood, already scrathching my self applied
paint job. Do they make shorter K&N's or do I need a hood scoop? Perhaps
I can drill out my motor mounts to let the engine settle lower. Has
anyone ran into this before? Its the same setup as this:
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/spit-carbs/index.html with the single weber
on top of the intake manifold. My K&N looks taller than the one in the
picture, but am I being decieved? Thanks for any info....

j, (No, I'm not going to drill out my mounts!)