TR6 OD

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 OD
From: Jay Raynis <jay@rih.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 16:03:18 -0400
All those willing to sacrifice their cars in order to test whether, in fact,
the OD will engage in reverse please raise your hand. Thank you! Anyone who
raised their hand can drop their car off at my house, along with the title.
You don't deserve a car that runs!

While in theory I find this an interesting discussion, I myself would be
inclined to throw in a relay that disengages the OD when the reverse switch
goes, or putting a manual switch right on top of the shifter. Better safe
than mistakenly "ooops!".

Jay

WORKING HARDER at THINKING DIFFERENT
73+68 GT6 (One car, many parts)
Me: "It'll be back together for my daughter's graduation."
Them: "High school, or college?"
Me: "Grad school...."

----------
> From: John Duhart <duhart@symbol.com>
> To: fogbros@nb.net, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
> Subject: Re: TR6 overdrive.
> Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:26:24 -0400
>

>Hey James, and All,
>
> Ah, James brings up a very good point, the leak rate.  If the leak rate is
low, the pressure will biuld up quickly, I think?!  Also I wonder if using
90wt gear oil helps with keeping the leak rate low and/or building pressure?
 As I said when I first posted this, I have a self taught knowledge of the
OD, so I did expect people to be able to shoot this one down.