Re: Water musings, was Overheating fixed

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Water musings, was Overheating fixed
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 08:58:43 +0000
Cc: jim hill <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk
Sorry for the volume of (miss)info what ever you think, but I was trying
to prove which ever way you argue the situation with psudo-science you
can still come up with argument's againsed.  I personaly think there is
almost no differnce in real terms, and so you might as well leave the
termostat in.

Far more important issued are the consern the real coolent in the
engin.  Not this water which is the secondey coolent, but the oil.  You
are much better employed putting in a desent oil which takes the heat
away quicker than mucking about with the cooling system.  Then fitting
an oil cooler and so on.

I think the only way you can work this out is to do a proper
experiment.  If I'm bored one day I may, it should prove a fun thing to
do with old brake pipes.  Ether that or if some one has the proper
figures based on fact not just informed guesswork, I'll be happy to take
a look.

My thaughts on the subject are to fassion an air scoop that goes just
below the radiaor on and colects even more air to pass through the
radiator.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot