TR6 Webers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Webers
From: Ljbtvr <Ljbtvr@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 13:57:38 EDT
Scott Smart previously wrote:
>I guess I was kind of hoping there was a set up that the cognascenti keep
>hidden in notebooks, since it isn't really feasible for the average guy to
>experiment (especially considering that everything costs x 6).  Guess
>that's wishful thinking!

Although my knowledge of these carbs is limited I can tell you my own
experience with my TVR's TR6 engine.  It does have a fast road cam in it and
increased compression and I think the setup will work for him:

emulsion tubes- 45F11
main jets-120
air correctors-160
idle jets-F9

and most important-
choke tubes (venturis)- 28mm

Webers are usually shipped with choke tubes that are way too big for a street
TR6
motor- they breathe too much air.  They are fine for racing, where the car is
mostly run at wide open throttle but this doesn't work for street use.

Also- in street use (low rpm) the car will run mostly on the idle jets so they
are just as important.  Disconnect the choke cable- it isn't needed.  Make
sure your fuel pressure is about 3-4 psi-no more.  Also I run 26 degrees total
advance on the distributor.

I recommend the above setup since I gave a professional tuner 3 or 4 sets of
each
item (except the choke tubes) and told him to have at it.  The TVR runs great
at all
rpms.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com
Lancaster, PA
'68 GT6, my racer
'71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
'85 Dodge Van
'83 Chevy S10
'89 Chevy S10 Blazer
'80 Yamaha 650