Allen Nugent: Bondmobiles

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Allen Nugent: Bondmobiles
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:03:40 +0100
Hi, Allen,

Sorry, I know no-one likes a smarta** but.......

Ian Fleming's Goldfinger, Pan Books, first published 1959 by Jonathan Cape,
Pan edition, 22nd printing, 1972.

Chapter 7, page 59. 'Thoughts in a D.B.III.'

'The car was from the pool. Bond had been offered the Aston Martin or a
Jaguar 3.4. He had taken the DB III.......the DB III had the advantage of an
up-to-date triptyque, an inconspicuous colour-battleship grey-and certain
extras which might or might not come in handy.'

You'll be thrilled to learn that I won't hold you to the wager ;-)

Cheers, David Hill

PS. Let us not forget the 'repainted sky blue Ford Popular with large yellow
ears, scurrying along the crown of the road ahead'-Driven, apparently,  by
Oddjob!