Re: bleeding the hydraulic Clutch??

To: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: bleeding the hydraulic Clutch??
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 19:34:48 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Wed, 13 May 1998, rick wrote:

> Listers, I've been trying to fix this bug for days: I bleed the clutch with
> a helper sitting in the car (TR6) and while he pumps and holds the pedal to
> the floor, I open the bleeder. Skwishhh... Then the pedal is firm and I can
> shift gears. But after a couple of miles, I cant shift anymore! There is no
> fluid leaking, what can be wrong? Should I bleed it more than once?

Can you shift if you pump the clutch pedal twice?  (Does it harden up)?
If so, then you still have air in the clutch hydraulics, and yes, you will
have to bleed it again.

Try a different method of bleeding.  ie, open the bleeder, have helper
push pedal, close bleeder.  Make sure you have a hose previously submerged
in brake fluid attached to the bleeder.  If there are any bumps or high
spots in the clutch cable, these can be suspected for holding air-- air
that burbles back without being bled completely.

good luck,
-Malcolm