Re: Spit junkyards in Sunrise FL

To: dmjbaker <dmjbaker@pop.erols.com>
Subject: Re: Spit junkyards in Sunrise FL
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:59:41 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

dmjbaker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will be in Sunrise FL between 17 - 22 May.  Sunrise FL is suppose to
> be near Ft Lauderdale, are there any spitfire junkyards near the area
> that are worth visiting.
>
>              ~snip~
>
> Thank You
> John B.

  John,

   I have this on file, it is from John Suchak, to me.

                                JOE IV
                                TR 250
                         WALLINGFORD, CT USA

2) From:  SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>    3/14/98 22:59
Here's the scoop on the North Florida junkyard scene as I know it...
A friend of mine bought what was left of the GT6 I was pillaging at Main
Street Auto Parts here in Jacksonville, so that one's gone.  There is a
pretty well picked over squaretail Spit at the U-Pull lot on Normandy
Blvd in Jax, an easy jog off 95, but may not be worth it.  Also in Jax
is Regency Auto Parts.  He's got 2 Spits, both squaretails, one whacked
hard in the rear, the other in the front.  Both really complete.  He's
also got a really ratty wedge convertable he wants to sell as a runner.
Problem???  He's delusional about the value of his wares.  ($125.00 for
the decent front bumper from one of the Spits...  yeah, I paid it.)

There is an excellent yard in Daytona called Speedway Auto Parts.  It's
about a quarter of a mile west of 95 on US92 (the same road as the
speedway.)  Last time I was there he had a *nice* Spit-6 that had odd
body damage, like somebody had batting practice all over it.  Also has
an early GT6 and a couple of wedges.  A really well run operation,
probably the nicest yard I've ever seen.