Lubricants

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lubricants
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:13:03 -0400
A grateful Thank You to all who have provided info on my question about
brake lubricants.  (Red grease vs. White, etc.)

My TRF order came in yesterday, and here's the result.  As I mentioned
before, they had the red grease, and that's no problem.  It's for contact
with rubber parts, and I will put some under the rubber wheel cylinder
covers.  It's marked Lucas Brake Grease, part number PFG102.

The white grease is supposed to be for brake mechanicals.  It is a high
temperature lithium grease, and is used for any contact points on the
adjusters, wheel cylinder sliding on backplate, and so on.  Well, they
didn't seem to stock that, but did stock a BLUE grease for the same
purpose, which I also purchased.  On the tube, it says: "Liberally pack the
expander and/or adjuster assemblies with this grease and smear a little on
the steady rest posts and shoe webs, where they contact these posts."  The
tube is marked Genuine Girling Grake Grease.

I'm planning on doing it this morning, so I hope nobody says "Stop, you're
screwing up."

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B