Re: GT6 with a TR6 Engine

To: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6 with a TR6 Engine
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:19:43 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I've seen a Mk III GT6 in the New England Region SCCA that runs in GT3
class. The rules allow engine substitution (apparently), and the limit
appears to be 2.5 L. So, this car has a really neat installation - if you
didn't know that it was a TR6 engine by someone telling you, you would be
very hard pressed to figure it out.

Plus the triple DCOE 40's look wicked awesome.

And the car is ____ WAAAAAY FAST ____. And the motor screams.

The car was built by someone that works for or owns Greenfield Imported Car
Parts in Greenfield, MA. I imagine that having close ties to a parts source
was a contributing factor to this particular car being pretty darn Kooool.

FWIW, local rumor implies this particular car may have been one of the
Group 44 cars from years back.

The TR6 motor will fit in a GT6. Like the other postings have said - you
just have to ding the GT6 pan a bit to clear the crank.

C ya,
rml
TR6's