Re: Import Carlisle

To: Ed Woods <fogbros@nb.net>
Subject: Re: Import Carlisle
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 17:17:17 -0400
Ed Woods wrote:

> Listers,

[snip]
> The old saw about "1/2 of the new price" doesn't fly at Import; more like
> 1/10 of new. Some stuff was laughable like the TR250 with the rear 1/3
> missing and the front wrecked for (asking) $1500.

[snip]

I saw the car and had exactly the same impression. And that ain't all
that was wrong with it, either.  As I walked by that 250, I said
something to my wife like "$15-hundred bucks ... good luck!" and then
felt a little bad when I realized it was probably loud enough for the
owner to hear.

Oh well ... just some free market advice, I guess.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6