Re: Dashpot Covers

To: Bob Danielson <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot Covers
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 18:17:46 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bob,
Yes the dashpot covers are made of Aluminum.  There are, as you say,
various compounds made for various metals.  Typically, the dealer has a
chart of which type works best for the different metals.  The type I
bought (can't remember the brand) is red in color and comes in a stick
within a push-up tube.  Makes it easy to apply to the wheel.

When you get that shine you want, spray the pot with a clear coat to
protect from oxidation.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer