TR4 commission number

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 commission number
From: HDRIDER570 <HDRIDER570@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 13:21:30 EDT
I am still trying to identify the TR4 tub that I have.  I was reading
"Original Triumph TR" by Bill Pigot and saw that the change to automatic boot
lid stay occured at commission number CT5642.  I looked at CT4862 and it has
an automatic boot lid stay the lower backet is spot welded to the inner fender
so it does not seem as if someone converted it.  Does anyone else have a TR4
with a commission number lower than CT5642 with an automatic stay?

The body tub that I am trying to identify has a automacit boot lid stay that
is spot welded to the inner fender but bolted to the trunk lip.

So far in responce to my previous question about the extra screw on the front
fender it seems that the change took place between commission numbers CT5368
and CT13108.  Can anyone narrow that down a bit more?

John Hamer